Intaglio is a full featured, easy to use vector* graphics editor for Mac OS X. Introduced in 2003 and refined continuously, Intaglio is a mature, reliable tool taking full advantage of the powerful graphics built into the Mac to bring you high-end capabilities at an affordable price. Inspired by the ease of use of the original MacDraw and the power of expensive illustration software, Intaglio is comfortable for experienced users, and beginners pick it up quickly. Intaglio is a great tool for graphic design and illustration, architectural and technical drawing, web design and more.
Advanced graphics capabilities
• Professional quality pen tool, easy to use curve/polygon tool and many specific path creation tools.
• Scale drawings, measurement and dimension tools.
• Sophisticated text manipulation.
• Multiple colorspaces, transparency, gradients, patterns, and 3D style textures.
• Dozens of resolution independent special effects via CoreImage and other filters which can be chained together.
• Compound paths and path combination operations.
• Customizable arrow styles. Use one of many predefined styles or create your own.
• Calligraphy style stroke brushes.
• Layers, groups, user defined styles and object blending.
• Automatic and manual guides, grids and rulers.
• User defined drag and drop graphics library.
• Create multiple templates for new drawings.
• Flow text into arbitrary shapes including multiple columns.
Powerful import and export features
• Export and import PDF and EPS files. Imported graphics may be used as is or, in many cases, converted to editable graphics.
• Export SVG and import most SVG files for editing.
• Bridges the gap between "classic" QuickDraw graphics and Quartz by importing vector PICT files. Imported pictures may be used as is or converted to editable Quartz graphics.
• Supports the import and export of over a dozen bitmap image formats via ImageIO (e.g., TIFF, JPEG and PNG). Recognizes new formats as they're added to Mac OS X.
• Reads old drawings from ClarisDraw and MacDraw II/Pro.
Rich support for Mac OS X technologies
• 64-bit code optimized for (and requires) Mac OS X 10.8 and later.
• 64-bit precision in vector coordinates.
• Full retina display support.
• Autosave and multiple file versions.
• Calibrates colors via multiple ColorSync profiles (RGB, CMYK or Gray).
• Exploits the full capabilities of your fonts.
• All graphics operations are scriptable and recordable via AppleScript and Automator.
• Provides access to virtually every function of the Quartz 2D graphics environment.
• Allows metadata in drawings which, together with drawing text, can be indexed with Spotlight.
• Supports the viewing of native drawing files via QuickLook.
Please see our website for more information, a user guide, and a version which runs in free demo mode with sample drawings, libraries and scripts.
Intaglio Sketchpad is available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
* With many image editors you paint strokes or erase pixels on the screen. Intaglio is different because it allows you to create and edit shapes and text blocks. These “vector” graphic elements retain their shape and attributes and can be edited at any time. For example, you can adjust color, line thickness, or fix spelling mistakes at any time. To erase an element you simply select it and delete it without affecting whatever might be behind it.