OmniPlan 2.3 requires Mac OS X 10.8
This version of OmniPlan 2.3 employs security features in Mac OS which are new to version 10.8 and will not run on earlier releases of Mac OS X.
Syncing OmniPlan 2.3 documents to the iPad requires OmniPlan for iPad version 1.3. We’ve added some new features (primarily the new constraint types) that earlier iPad versions don't understand, and upgraded the format of the changelog file we use for syncing changes via WebDAV/Omni Sync Server.
• OmniPlan 2.3 is Sandboxed — OmniPlan now runs in the application Sandbox your computer and your information safe.
• We’ve introduced a feature (View ▸ Show Scheduling Influences) to tell you why OmniPlan has scheduled a task when it has. Give it a test drive.
• We’ve added support for ‘start no later than’ and ‘end no earlier than’ constraints. The old constraints are refered to as ‘start no earlier than’ and ‘end no later than’.
• By popular request, headers are now printed at the top of every page.
• We’ve put a lot of work into improving our handling of Microsoft Project file formats. MPP import has been a major area of focus.
• HTML Templates are now managed by a new interface in Preferences.
• The Template Preferences pane is more user friendly and now displays some of the basic settings in the template.
• The End of Time — Tasks cannot start before the project start date (or after the end, in backwards projects). OmniPlan 2.3 now greys out the inaccessible time. This feature is enabled in the factory templates but not in existing custom templates until you choose to do so. You might not want to see it on printouts, or at all, so go ahead and turn it off under the View menu.
• OmniPlan now autosaves your document regularly in the background and integrates with Versions.
• Updated the German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese localizations.
• If the changelog goes missing from the WebDAV server, we now recover gracefully. Previously you would be caught needing to update, but update would just say “not found”.
• Changes to existing notes on tasks and resources were sometimes not published. All better now.
• Some CalDav servers return inscrutable errors is asked for free/busy information for a period more than a month long or a year in the future. We now make multiple requests, and stop shy of one year.
• Sync tasks to Calendar Server ToDo has been renamed to Sync tasks to Calendar Server Reminders”. Same feature, new name.
• When leveling splits a partly complete task, only the incomplete portion will be moved.
• Leveling is now typically about 50% faster.
• When leveling assigns tasks to resources in a group assignment, it no longer has floating point rounding errors resulting in “< 1% of 100%”, for example.
• Leveling delay hasn’t been computed in recent builds and was always zero. All fixed.
• Fixed an error managing automatic task splitting and rejoining during leveling.
• All-day tasks are no longer one day short when exported to Calendar.
• Improved “Scale to fit browser” behavior in HTML reports.
• The HTML full report no longer encourages use of the “htmld” file extension.
• PDF files should now typically be about 35% smaller. The shading in Gantt bars should appear smooth and seamless.
• File ▸ Duplicate creates a copy of your document with a separate identifier, so it can be published without collisions.
… and much more! For more release notes, please see our website.
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by choosing "Send Feedback" from the Help menu, sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweeting to @OmniPlan, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, control costs, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail, update a calendar with your days off, or mix and match. Accept and reject changes one-by-one or all in one go. OmniPlan provides features like Gantt charts, schedules, summaries, milestones, and critical path highlighting to let you manage all of your activities. From customizable views to fast data entry, OmniPlan helps you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be—without the complexity.
• Publish & Subscribe [NEW!]: Stop, collaborate, listen. Make changes to your project and see those from your collaborators with syncing; customize your availability and have your colleagues' calendars update instantly. Mix and match your publish and subscribe actions to meet your needs.
• Change Tracking [NEW!]: Use change tracking to keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far. If you're syncing, use change tracking to review, browse, and then accept or reject changes (task by task or en masse) from your collaborators.
• Friendly Interface: We designed OmniPlan to help you spend your time on more worthy pursuits than trying to figure out how to use project management software. OmniPlan's intuitive approach helps you get things done and stays out of your way while doing so. OmniPlan has several customizable views starting from "simple creation" for basic planning options; when you're ready for more sophisticated functions, OmniPlan can be configured to meet your needs.
• Data-sharing options: OmniPlan can import XML, MPX, and MPP project files from Microsoft Project, as well as OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and CSV files. OmniPlan exports information to iCal, CSV, Microsoft Project Exchange (MPX), Microsoft Project (XML), HTML, OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and a variety of image formats. You can create detailed HTML reports with OmniPlan, and use filtered criteria for customized printing and exporting options.
• Efficient resource allocation: With OmniPlan's resource management, you can identify bottlenecks in your project, track budgets, and distribute workloads fairly and efficiently.
• Visual timelines: The Timeline (or Gantt Chart) view of your project displays activities in a calendar. Durations for each task are shown graphically in a time-phased diagram by day, week, month, quarter, or year. The Gantt view shows task start and stop times, dependencies, resources, or resource usage by task, all on a timeline. You can visually edit tasks and create dependencies (where a certain task can't begin unless another has finished) by dragging and connecting them in the Gantt view. OmniPlan's graphical display of your project's information helps you quickly assess status and proactively manage deadlines.
• Violations and critical paths: If your schedule has a logical impossibility – for example, the scheduled start date for a task occurs before the project start date – OmniPlan displays a violation window, with an explanation of the problem and suggestions of possible solutions (and links that automatically resolve the violation). In the Gantt view, OmniPlan displays your project's critical path, which is the series of tasks that are necessary in order for your project to finish on schedule. The critical path can change as you progress through your schedule; OmniPlan keeps you up to date so you can make informed decisions.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omniplan.