A completely new Pixelmator file format that uses all of the today’s OS X technologies and makes your image editing even faster and more enjoyable:
• 2x faster: It can open and save your Pixelmator documents twice as fast compared with the previous Pixelmator file format.
• Saves in background: This means that while you play with your images, Pixelmator automatically saves the changes in the background.
• Faster saving to iCloud: The first image file format to save only the edits you make to iCloud instead of saving the whole picture each time. So it takes less time to save and you have more time to enjoy image editing.
• Progress bar: The new Pixelmator file format allows us to show a progress bar with accurate status while opening and saving documents.
• Quick Look support: A better Quick Look support that lets you preview your Pixelmator document without even opening it.
A new checkbox for opening images in their original file format. This means that you can now choose whether to open and save all images in the Pixelmator file format or in their original file format.
The Effects Browser improvements let you search, preview, and apply effects even more quickly:
• Quickly open highlighted effects by simply pressing the Return key on your keyboard.
• Each effect has more keywords, so that you can find effects more quickly.
• The Effects Browser’s thumbnails preview has been improved, so you can get a better idea of what an effect will look like when applied.
• Better organization of third-party effects. You can now clearly see the line separating built-in effects and third-party effects.
• Third-party effects now have a tooltip so that you can view the entire title for an effect.
Effects improvements that give you more flexibility in previewing effects and faster, more accurate performance:
• Now you can zoom in or out, pan, enter Full Screen, enlarge the document window, switch between Pixelmator documents, or open more images–all while applying an effect or using the Select Color and Refine Selection features.
• Quickly compare how an image looks with and without the effect by pressing the Option-Command keyboard shortcut.
• The Clouds effect now generates a new cloud image each time you apply it.
• Now, you can sharpen images even more with extended values for the Sharpen effect.
• The Sharpen effect has a better and more accurate preview on zoomed in or out images.
• The Light and Dark effect’s performance is now twice as fast.
• The Halo and Sunbeams effect’s preview is now more accurate.
• The accuracy and performance of the Black and White effect has been greatly improved.
• The eyedropper precision for the Replace Color and Select Color tools has been improved so that you can select colors more accurately.
• Improved selection preview for the Replace Color dialog so that you can see what is being colored more clearly.
• Effects’ rope now performs more smoothly.
• Improved support for Noise Industries effects.
Other annoying bug and crash fixes (issues with the quality of resized images, disappearing fonts, language mix ups on Spanish and French localizations, and others).
Pixelmator is an inspiring, easy-to-use, beautifully designed image editor built to help you create stunning new images and edit your existing photos.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply gorgeous effects, and just have fun with your pictures. Once your images are ready, access them anywhere with iCloud; send them to iPhoto or Aperture; email, print, or save them to popular image formats; or share them through Facebook, Flickr and more–all right from Pixelmator.
And the new Pixelmator 2.2 is optimized for the new Retina display on the MacBook Pro, with full support for OS X Mountain Lion.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, or improve compositions
• Remove unwanted objects seamlessly from their backgrounds
• Blur, sharpen, lighten or darken specific areas
• Get rid of the red eye effect with just one click
• Combine different tools and filters for an endless number of ways to refine your images
A real filter-machine
• Over 150 breathtaking filters and special effects
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See the stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed for intuitive ease of use
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• Email your photos and image creations right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums and more
Built exclusively for OS X
• Pixelmator uses all the latest OS X technologies: Cocoa, 64-Bit, OpenGL, Core Image, iSight, Automator, Quartz Composer and much more
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
Apple Design Award Winner